Maitland Wrongful Death Attorney
While no amount of money will erase the trauma or somehow make your loved one’s death any less tragic, a wrongful death claim can be used to pay for funeral and burial expenses, medical expenses, and much more. We urge you to consider filing a claim to ensure that your financial future is not put in jeopardy by another party’s careless or reckless behavior. The Maitland wrongful death attorneys at The Hornsby Law Group will hold any negligent parties accountable for their actions and help you seek some semblance of justice for what they did.
Wrongful Death Claims We Handle
As wrongful death attorneys, we handle any and all types of wrongful deaths that are caused by another party’s negligence. Below are the most common types of claims we have handled in the past.
- Motor Vehicle Collisions: Motor vehicle collisions—which include car, truck, motorcycle, bus, and rideshare collisions—are one of the leading causes of deaths in the United States. The vast majority of these deaths are avoidable. Tragically, all it takes is one driver to drink, text, speed, or otherwise violate the rules of the road to take an innocent person’s life.
- Pedestrian Fatalities: Pedestrians, along with bicyclists, are considered vulnerable road users. If struck by a motor vehicle at virtually any speed, a pedestrian is likely to sustain serious or life-threatening injuries. Unfortunately, pedestrian deaths have risen in recent years, even as motor vehicle occupant deaths have remained stagnant or declined.
- Bicyclist Fatalities—Aggressive driving and distracted driving take the lives of around 1,000 cyclists each year. This number, like that of pedestrian deaths, has risen sharply over the last decade due, in part, to drivers texting and talking on the phone.
- Workplace Accidents: Deaths caused at the workplace not only warrant a workers’ compensation claim for the victim’s family, but a thorough investigation into potential wrongdoing by the employer or other parties that could lead to a wrongful death claim.
- Medical Malpractice: Hospitals, doctors, anesthesiologists, surgeons, nurses, and other medical professionals and parties are liable if they failed to meet a specific standard of care and a patient died under their watch.
- Defective Consumer Products: Manufactures and other parties may be liable for deaths caused by defective or dangerous products.
- Slip and Falls: Whether the fall took place in a restaurant, a neighbor’s house, or a nursing home, the victim’s family may be able to pursue a wrongful death claim if the property owner violated their duty of care.
- Other Premises Accidents: Other premises deaths include dog attacks, swimming pool drownings, fires, electrocutions, being struck by moving or falling objects, negligent security, elevator and escalator accidents, and more.
Call a Maitland Wrongful Death Attorney Today
A wrongful death claim enables the victim’s loved ones to be compensated for their lost lifetime earnings, pain and suffering, and so much more. We understand what you are going through at this time, and are here for you in your time of need. Call our Maitland wrongful death attorneys at The Hornsby Law Group today to schedule a free consultation.